The Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce believes that a healthy business environment is an essential component of livability. We are dedicated to helping local companies grow their business by taking the lead in programs and efforts that help create a strong local economy and making Kearney a great place to do business.
The Kearney Chamber takes seriously its role of advocate on behalf of the business community with state and local government entities. We want to ensure an environment where businesses can thrive. The Chamber is the only broad-based business organization that aims to represent business interests no matter your size, industry or location. If you're doing business in the Kearney area, we are working on your behalf.
By working with the city of Kearney, Buffalo County, and the state of Nebraska, the benefit to our members is advocacy representation that you have neither the time nor resources to provide for yourself.
Candidate Recruitment Forum- as needed
Community Connections- second Wednesday of the month
Eggs & Issues- featuring State Senator and held during the legislative session
Legislative Fall Forum- hosted by the State Chamber and held in the early fall
Tri-City Legislative Luncheons- hosted by the Grand Island, Hastings & Kearney Chambers and held two to three times during the legislative session.
- The Kearney Chamber's Legislative Committee closely watches legislation and makes recommendations to the Chamber Board as needed
- The Chamber is an active member of the State Chamber and President/CEO, Max Kathol currently serves on the State Chamber Board of Directors
- The State Chamber provides a great deal of information regarding state legislation with detailed data on the effect the legislation would have on business in the state of Nebraska
- The Chamber supported the Kearney Public Schools bond in 2009 and the bond to build a new high school in 2014
- We supported the restaurant sales tax, which will build new softball and baseball fields in Kearney, which will increase our ability to host events
- The Chamber forwards the State Chamber legislative update daily during the legislative session
- The Chamber wrote the assimilation plan that was part of the winning proposal for the Central Nebraska Veterans Home, which will bring 500+ jobs to Kearney
- We helped form and manage Nebraska Veterans First, a fundraising group for the Central Nebraska Veterans Home
- The Chamber, with the Economic Development Council of Buffalo County and the Kearney Visitors Bureau, manage the Archway Society, a fundraising group for the Kearney Archway
- We provide mentoring to businesses in the areas of workforce development, marketing and education
- We write worker training grants to help bring quality educational opportunities in the areas of customer service, leadership, and workforce development
- The Chamber wrote letters
- To the Revenue Committee of the Nebraska Legislature supporting an Internet sales tax
- To the Judiciary Committee to oppose legislation to close YRTC
- Supporting an Agriculture educational program in Kearney Public Schools
- Support of the Archway and the grass roots effort to improve attendance and increase revenues
- Supporting dozens of grants to various entities each year
- We participate in legislative conference calls with the State Chamber during the legislative session that advise us on pertinent issues and relevant bills