Chamber committees are so important in carrying through the mission of the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce, "promoting the success and profitability of our members through involvement, education, advocacy, and marketing of the Kearney area business community."
In 2016, Chamber committees were involved with, the 20th Annual Career Exploration Day, new teacher gift bags given to all new teachers in Kearney, awarded almost $4,000 in scholarships, assisted the Kearney Visitors Bureau in hosting the High School State Cross Country meet and the 6 Man Football Championships, awarded a Doing Business Award and Spotlight Business Award every month, helped local charities and needy families during the holidays, helped with the Gateway Farm Expo and the 3rd Annual Oktoberfest, just to name a few!
The Chamber would like to thank all of the 2016 Committee Chairpersons for their service and dedication:
- Wendy Kreis of Vertical Focus Realty/Kearney Rental Pros - Envoys
- Doug Mitchell of Marcotte - Colonels
- Jennifer Beck of Kearney Area Children's Museum - YPN
- Mike Peck of Rabo AgriFinance - Agriculture Committee
- Kyle Flaherty of Exchange Bank - Business & Education Committee
- Rich Brodersen of UNK Alumni Association & Foundation and Tim Higgins of Runza Restaurants - Sport & Recreation Committee
- Steve Barth of Crane River Theater and Jennifer Murrish of Trails & Rails Museum/ Buffalo County Historical Society - Hospitality Committee
- Marty Madden of Exchange Bank - LEADS Group
- Jackie Purdy - Senior Coalition
- Tom Henning of Cash-WA Distributing - Transportation Task Force
- Byron Hansen of First National Bank - Legislative Committee
The Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce offers numerous opportunities for you to become involved in the Kearney business community. Most of the committees listed above, meet regularly, offering networking opportunities, education and community outreach. Give the Chamber a call at 308-237-3101 or visit the website if you would like more information.