Advocacy is one of the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce's core pillars. Our Advocacy pillar focuses on advocating on behalf of the Kearney business community, and educates business leaders about public policy issues relevant to their business. We focus on the political issues facing business, so you can focus on running your business.
The Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce is a pioneer in advocating for local businesses on all levels of government.
• Work to prevent anti-business legislation
• Advocate for pro-business legislation through our legislative agenda
• Research and develop solutions to address business concerns
• Work closely with other business advocacy organizations to look out for the best interests of our investors, and
• Send out to call-to-actions for investors to influence public policy
To ensure the business community has a strong voice, we also work to educate business leaders about the issues by:
• Hosting monthly Community Connections which feature: City Council, School Board & County Board Updates
• Send regular email updates on public policy topics and news
• Blog regularly about issues, advocacy, and ways to get involved
• Conduct the annual Upstate Political Leadership Institute for members of the business community interested in running for public office
• Hold quarterly events that get you face-to-face with political leaders
To get involved with one of our committees, or to learn more about what we do please contact: