Legislative Report Week 6
Can you believe that the Legislative Session is almost 30 percent complete? The Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce’s Legislative Committee met last week and discussed bills that the State Chamber is keeping an eye on. KACC also hosted the first State Chamber’s Legislative Conference Call on February 14th at 2:10 pm, in the Chamber Boardroom. Anyone is welcome to come and listen in on these calls. They include updates about legislation and activity at the Nebraska Legislature, as well as time for questions at the end. Calls usually last around 20 minutes. There is no cost to you, they are part of your Chamber membership. The next call is February 28th in the Boardroom. Lastly, don’t forget to come to our Morning Legislative Report with Senator John Lowe Monday morning, February 18th at 8 am at the Chamber.
The State Chamber and KACC are in support of spending control rather than an increase in taxes.
Click here to see the State Chamber's Full Legislative Report
The following are the key 2019 dates for Nebraska lawmakers this session:
● March 14 - Deadline for speaker priority bill requests.
● March 19 - Deadline for committee & senator priority bill designations.
● March 20 - Speaker priority bills announced.
● March 28 - Deadline to complete bill hearings.
● April 2 - Full-day floor debate begins.
● May 2 - Budget bills must be on General File.
● May 22 - Budget bills must be passed.
● June 6 - Sine die adjournment.
Have a great week!