Happy Monday! Hope this report finds you inside staying warm.
The Nebraska Legislature is not in session today and will resume tomorrow. With the session one-third complete, focus will turn to prior bills and the budget.
Reminder on February 28th at 2:10 pm the next Nebraska Chamber Legislative Conference Call will be held in the Chamber board room. There is no cost for you to attend and listen in on these calls as they are part of your KACC membership.
You can read the full State Chamber Legislative Report here.
The following are the key 2019 dates for Nebraska lawmakers this session:
● March 14 - Deadline for speaker priority bill requests.
● March 19 - Deadline for committee & senator priority bill designations.
● March 20 - Speaker priority bills announced.
● March 28 - Deadline to complete bill hearings.
● April 2 - Full-day floor debate begins.
● May 2 - Budget bills must be on General File.
● May 22 - Budget bills must be passed.
● June 6 - Sine die adjournment.
Have a great week!