Legislative Report Week 8:
We are another day closer to spring and another day closer to the deadline for priority bills.
On February 28th at 2:10 pm, David Stubbs, from the Chamber’s Legislative Committee, listened in on the Nebraska Chamber's Legislative Conference Call. Key points from the call were State Revenue Projections and LB 720, the ImagiNE Nebraska Act which would replace the Nebraska Advantage Act. Below you can see a list of businesses in our district that are utilizing the current Nebraska Advantage Act.
The next call will be March 14th in the Chamber Boardroom. There is no cost for you to attend and listen in on these calls as they are part of your KACC membership.
You can read the full State Chamber's Legislative Report here.
The following are the key 2019 dates for Nebraska lawmakers this session:
● March 14 - Deadline for speaker priority bill requests.
● March 19 - Deadline for committee & senator priority bill designations.
● March 20 - Speaker priority bills announced.
● March 28 - Deadline to complete bill hearings.
● April 2 - Full-day floor debate begins.
● May 2 - Budget bills must be on General File.
● May 22 - Budget bills must be passed.
● June 6 - Sine die adjournment.
Have a great week!