Good morning Kearney Chamber members. Today marks the 43rd day of the 90-day session. Priority bills and the new biennial budget will be the focus of the second half of the legislative session.
Don’t forget that Senator Lowe will be in Kearney March 22nd for the Chamber’s Morning Legislative Report at 8am at First National Bank.
You can read the full State Chamber's Legislative Report here.
The following are the key 2019 dates for Nebraska lawmakers this session:
● March 19 - Deadline for committee & senator priority bill designations.
● March 20 - Speaker priority bills announced.
● March 28 - Deadline to complete bill hearings.
● April 2 - Full-day floor debate begins.
● May 2 - Budget bills must be on General File.
● May 22 - Budget bills must be passed.
● June 6 - Sine die adjournment.
Have a great week!