Kelsey Borowski is a part of the Youth Leadership Kearney Class 25 and is currently serving as the Youth Leadership Kearney Board Representative. Kelsey is a senior at Kearney Catholic and will beon attending the University of Nebraska at Kearney next year! Go Lopers! Get to know Kelsey more by reading her 20 questions!
1. Who is your hero? My hero is my mom. I have always looked up to her and wanted to be a teacher just like her!
2. What is your biggest fear? Snakes
3. What is your favorite family vacation? Cancun, Mexico
4. What motivates you to work hard? I have always wanted to become a teacher. This goal has motivated me in every aspect of my life. I know every time I work hard I am one step closer to achieving my goal.
5. What is your favorite thing about your career? I am a student, but my favorite thing about my future career, teaching elementary school, is getting to teach the next generation of lawyers, doctors, teachers, etc. I am excited to make a difference in the lives of my students.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment? I am very proud of receiving the Omaha World Herald/ Kearney Hub Scholarship at UNK.
7. What was/is your favorite part of Leadership Kearney? I loved making connections with adults in Kearney. It is nice to have a group of adults I know I can turn to if I needed anything!
8. If you could have one special talent what would it be? I would love to be able to sing and dance perfectly. I think being in a musical would be so fun!
9. What makes you laugh the most? My nieces and nephew
10. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Frozen 2. I absolutely loved it!
11. What did you want to be when you were small? I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember.
12. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? I would choose to go to Disney with my nieces and nephew.
13. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? I love to play soccer and I love to watch football.
14. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Party in the U.S.A
15. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Vacuum the house
16. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Cleaning
17. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chicken strips and fries
18. Who is your favorite author? Lisa McMann
19. What kind of car did you drive in high school? Chevy Equinox
20. Give a piece of Leadership advice you live by. When leading others always “let kindness ripple”.