Bergan Schumacher is a part of Leadership Kearney Class 28 and is currently serving as the Adult Chair for Leadership Class 29. Bergan is an attorney at Bruner Frank Schumacher, L.L.C. To get to know Bergan more we asked her 20 questions. Read below to see her responses!
1. Who is your hero? My two older sisters.
2. What is your biggest fear? Biggest irrational fear…worms. Silly, I know.
3. What is your favorite family vacation? Aruba.
4. What motivates you to work hard? There isn’t anyone or anything in particular. I have an internal drive to prove to myself that I can always do more and be better.
5. What is your favorite thing about your career? I love helping people find light in dark situations.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment? My career.
7. What was/is your favorite part of Leadership Kearney? Learning about how all of the different industries and organizations in our community help each other achieve mutual and widespread success.
8. If you could have one special talent what would it be? Motivational speaking.
9. What makes you laugh the most? Dry/sarcastic humor.
10. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? The Lion King. It was incredible.
11. What did you want to be when you were small? I’ve wanted to be a lawyer since I was in junior high.
12. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Scuba dive.
13. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Play: Golf. Watch: Denver Bronco Football.
14. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Love Shack – B52s (as long as my sisters were singing it with me…I’d never sing alone)
15. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Mow the lawn.
16. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Cooking.
17. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? My grandma’s beef and noodles.
18. Who is your favorite author? I don’t read enough (outside of work) to have a favorite author.
19. What kind of car did you drive in high school? A Ford Explorer. Her name was Dora.
20. Give a piece of Leadership advice you live by. Leaders must be close enough to relate to others but far enough ahead to motivate them.