Brenda Jensen is a part of Leadership Kearney Class 26 and is currently serving as the Leadership Kearney Board President. Brenda is the Development Services Director for the City of Kearney. To get to know Brenda more we asked her 17 questions. Read below to see her responses!
1. What is your biggest fear? Heights, spiders, really most things that are creepy or crawly
2. What is your favorite family vacation? Any time I get to explore new places with people I love is a new favorite of mine.
3. What motivates you to work hard? To keep improving myself and raising the bar for myself. Also, I work hard because I enjoy what I do at work.
4. What is your favorite thing about your career? Being a part of Kearney's development and seeing our community flourish!
5. What is your proudest accomplishment? Earning my National Planning Certificate through American Institute of Certified Planners
6. What was/is your favorite part of Leadership Kearney? Seeing many "behind the scenes" things
in Kearney and meeting so many amazing people.
7. If you could have one special talent what would it be? Singing
8. What makes you laugh the most? My husband, he cracks me up on a daily basis (or failarmy videos)
9. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? the new Lion King - it was amazing, technology and people's creativity always amazes me
10. What did you want to be when you were small? Cartoon Artist, then I realized you had to draw each frame to show movement
11. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Explore a new City.
12. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Volleyball (play) UNK Wrestling (watch)
13. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Wash dishes
14. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Cleaning, I could spend that time doing so many other things
15. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Cereal, but I don't believe it hits too many important food groups
16. What kind of car did you drive in high school? Ford Tempo (it was classy)
17. Give a piece of Leadership advice you live by. "Good luck is the result of good planning and hard work." THAT WAS JUST A QUOTE, not necessarily leadership advice. Leadership advice: Focus on improving upon your strengths instead of worrying about your weaknesses.