Ellie Schroeder is a part of Leadership Kearney Class 28 and is currently serving at the Alumni Chair for Leadership Class 29. Bergan is Application Support Specialist at Educational Service Unit 10. To get to know Ellie more we asked her 20 questions. Read below to see her responses!
1. Who is your hero? Any parent, it’s a tough job and we never give ourselves enough credit
2. What is your biggest fear? Losing a family member
3. What is your favorite family vacation? We had a fabulous trip to Disneyland this summer
4. What motivates you to work hard? Helping others, even if its teaching/showing them something small that will make life a little easier for them
5. What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to work with 45 school districts across the state and not a single one of them is alike!! I love working with all the staff. And working in technology is always changing, so no one day is alike either
6. What is your proudest accomplishment? My 2 boys: Braxton is 7 and Brady is 4
7. What was/is your favorite part of Leadership Kearney? Making new connections and friends. Not only the friends I made from my class but others that I met in the industries we toured. It opened my eyes to everything Kearney has to offer for a career driven person.
8. If you could have one special talent what would it be? I would love to be able to play the drums
9. What makes you laugh the most? I live in a house full of boys so there is a lot of gross humor and I can’t help but laugh with them
10. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Bad Moms, hilarious!
11. What did you want to be when you were small? A nurse ( but found out I pass out when I see blood)
12. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Recreational-lay on a beach Career-play in a famous band
13. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Volleyball
14. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Anything Michael Jackson
15. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? For sure vacuum
16. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Cooking!
17. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Cottage cheese
18. Who is your favorite author? J.K. Rowling
19. What kind of car did you drive in high school? My dad had a car dealership so multiple (Ford probe, purple blazer, explorer, chevy Malibu)
20. Give a piece of Leadership advice you live by. Get Involved!! A common theme we heard from leaders throughout our community was to get involved and do what you can to improve life in Kearney