Katie Rickard is a part of Leadership Kearney Class 28 and is currently serving as the Youth Leadership Kearney Chair for Class 26. Katie is the Program Coordinator for Greater Nebraska Make-A-Wish. To get to know Katie more we asked her 20 questions. Read below to see her responses!
1. Who is your hero? My hero would completely be my parents. Paul & Peggy Braden. They teach me to be a better person each day through their selfless examples.
2. What is your biggest fear? Snakes for sure. So gross!
3. What is your favorite family vacation? We love going up to the Black Hills.
4. What motivates you to work hard? My 3 girls. I love that they are always listening and watching me, it motivates me to be a good example for them.
5. What is your favorite thing about your career? Seeing the joy our foundation gives to families and children who need it the most.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment? Moving 1600 miles away from home in Nevada after High School to go to UNK on my own. I had to grow up pretty fast and depend on myself.
7. What was/is your favorite part of Leadership Kearney? Meeting a group of like-minded individuals, I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet otherwise.
8. If you could have one special talent what would it be? To sing.
9. What makes you laugh the most? My girls. They are so funny and honest.
10. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Probably something Disney. I’m a mom. It’s my life.
11. What did you want to be when you were small? A dolphin. Ha! I was pretty disappointed that wasn’t a real option!
12. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Sit on the beach and watch the waves come in.
13. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? I love some Husker Football!
14. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Regulators by Warren G. Ha!!!
15. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Vacuum for sure. Those lines have to be just right!
16. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? The Pioneer Woman, for all of the things in my life. She is amazing!
17. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Spaghetti
18. Who is your favorite author? Lysa Turkeurst
19. What kind of car did you drive in high school? A Gold 1986 Chevy Truck. I had to drive that until my Dad was sure I was, “Done running into things”. 😊
20. Give a piece of Leadership advice you live by. You become like the 5 people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.