Megan Uphoff is a part of Leadership Kearney Class 25. Megan is the Director of Critical Care at CHI Health Good Samaritan. To get to know Megan more we asked her 20 questions. Read below to see her responses!
1. Who is your hero? My mom. She is the most selfless person I know.
2. What is your biggest fear? Snakes, any kind, big or small. Gross!
3. What is your favorite family vacation? My kids are quite young, so we haven’t traveled far with them yet. We just recently took a few day trip to the Lincoln Zoo, Coco Keys and the Omaha Children’s Museum. It was fun to just be with the kids 1:1.
4. What motivates you to work hard? I’m pretty self-motivated, but I think it stems from how I was raised. There was a heavy focus from my parents to do well in school, follow through with what I start and be able to support myself as an adult.
5. What is your favorite thing about your career? Helping people, both the patients and the health care providers I get to work alongside every day.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment? My family. My husband and kids.
7. What was/is your favorite part of Leadership Kearney? Meeting new people, the recycling center, touring Cash-Wa.
8. If you could have one special talent what would it be? I would want to be a professional dancer.
9. What makes you laugh the most? My kids. Any kind of adult humor movie.
10. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Toy Story 4, good movie! Cute for kids.
11. What did you want to be when you were small? Storm chaser, chasing tornados.
12. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Quiet beach house, coffee in the morning on the deck and drinks in the evening on the beach.
13. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Watch: college football, Play: golf
14. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Spice Girls: Tell Me What You Want
15. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Vacuum the house
16. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Cooking…hands down!
17. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chicken fried deer steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, French cut green beans
18. Who is your favorite author? Not much of a leisure reader, favorite artist is Michael Jackson.
19. What kind of car did you drive in high school? Chevy Cavalier
20. Give a piece of Leadership advice you live by. Put in the hard work and the results will be there, that goes for any phase of your career.